The 81st Judicial District Attorney’s Office is seeking a certified, experienced K9 officer. Our office covers Atascosa, Wilson, Karnes, Frio and LaSalle Counties. The office is located at 1105 A Street in Floresville.
· Responsible for performing random K9 searches at 17 independent school districts throughout the judicial district
· Responds to calls from campuses timely
· Investigates offenses occurring relating to K9 search, including collecting and preserving evidence, obtaining written statements and preparing offense reports.
· Arrests perpetrators, files appropriate charges, and ensure placement within jail or juvenile detention facility
· Testify in court as needed
· Work effectively with other law enforcement agencies to share information and assist in investigations
· Operate all equipment including firearms, district vehicle, radio, and other safety equipment properly
· Compile and maintain all reports, records, and documents required
· On call 24/7
· Work interdiction during summers/school holidays
· Strenuous walking, climbing, prolonged driving, moderate lifting, ability to work outside with exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather
· Responsible for completing and maintaining K9 training, as well as maintaining the well-being of the K9 officer
· Minimum 3 years law enforcement, as TCOLE certified peace officer.
· Background in investigations preferred.
· Active TCOLE certification K9 Officer
· Clear and Valid driver’s license
· Able to pass a thorough background check
Salary: This is a pilot program funded by the Office of the Governor, starting salary is up to $47,000 commensurate with experience. Retirement, vacation, and health insurance are included. Vehicle, equipment, and firearms are provided. TCOLE training is provided.
Deadline: August 26, 2019
Please email your resume to:
Audrey Gossett Louis
81st Judicial District Attorney